Learn more about the powerful ingredients working together in your NooBru:
What is L-Theanine?
A constituent of green tea.
What is L-Theanine used for?
Take a look at a selection of studies carried out on L-Theanine:
- "L-theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses" View the study
- "The primary outcome measure, subjective stress response to multitasking cognitive stressor, was significantly reduced one hour after administration of the L-theanine drink when compared to placebo" View the study
Performance and Reaction Time
- "The results demonstrate the significant enhanced activity of alpha bands, descending heart rate, elevated visual attentional performance, and improved reaction time response among high anxiety propensity subjects compared to a placebo" View the study
- "The combination of moderate levels of L-theanine and caffeine significantly improved accuracy during task switching and self-reported alertness and reduced self-reported tiredness" View the study
Focus and Attention
- "L-Theanine and l-theanine-caffeine combination resulted in faster responses to targets compared with placebo" View the study
- "Brain theta waves, an indicator of cognitive alertness, were increased significantly in the temporal, frontal, parietal, and occipital areas after 3 hours in the eye-open and reading states" View the study
- "Mean RVRT [recognition visual reaction time] was significantly improved" View the study
- "L-theanine significantly increases activity in the alpha frequency band which indicates that it relaxes the mind without inducing drowsiness" View the study
- "The findings above denote that L-theanine not only reduces anxiety but also attenuates the blood-pressure increase in high-stress-response adults" View the study
What is CDP Choline?
Naturally occurring in the cells of human and animal tissue. Choline is one of the most important chemicals for maintaining proper brain function.
What is CDP Choline used for?
Take a look at a selection of studies carried out on CDP Choline:
- "These effects are consistent with the vasoregulatory and neuroimmune actions of CDP Choline and suggest that this compound may improve memory by acting on mechanisms of brain neurotropism and cerebrovascular regulation" View the study
- "Overall, these findings suggest that the beverage significantly improved sustained attention, cognitive effort and reaction times in healthy adults" View the study
- "Adolescent males receiving 28 days of Cognizin® CDP Choline showed improved attention and psychomotor speed and reduced impulsivity compared to adolescent males who received placebo" View the study
- "CDP Choline increases brain energy (ATP) by 14% and speeds up formation of brain membranes by 26% in healthy adults" View the study
Stress and Mood
- "It has been experimentally proven that CDP-choline increases noradrenaline and dopamine levels in the CNS [central nervous system]" View the study
What is Sulbutiamine?
Synthetic derivative of thiamine (Vitamin B1), often referred to as Upgraded Vitamin B1, as it crosses the blood-brain barrier more easily.
What is Sulbutiamine used for?
Take a look at a selection of studies carried out on Sulbutiamine:
- "Chronic treatment with sulbutiamine improves memory in an object recognition task" View the study
- "The present findings and previous results suggest that sulbutiamine improves memory formation and that this behavioral effect could be mediated by an increase in hippocampal cholinergic activity" View the study
Focus and Energy
- "An improvement in thiamine status was associated with reports of being more clearheaded, composed and energetic...reaction times were faster following supplementation" View the study
- "Overall, here we report, for the first time, the neuroprotective evidence of sulbutiamine on hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neurons under OGD, which may have beneficial implications as a possible therapeutic agent/substance against ischemic insult" View the study
What is Alpha-GPC?
Choline containing phospholipid isolated from soy.
What is Alpha-GPC used for?
Take a look at a selection of studies carried out on Alpha-GPC:
Exercise and Strength
- "These data indicate that a single 600 mg dose of A-GPC (as AlphaSize™), when administered 90 minutes prior to resistance exercise, increases post-exercise serum GH [growth hormone] and peak bench press force" View the study
- "A-GPC is effective at increasing lower body force production after 6 days of supplementation. Sport performance coaches can consider adding A-GPC to the diet of speed and power athletes to enhance muscle performance" View the study
- "These findings suggest that a single dose of GPC increases growth hormone secretion and hepatic fat oxidation, with concomitant increases in choline levels, in young adults" View the study
What is N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine?
A form of tyrosine that has undergone acetylation, a process that makes it easier for the body to absorb. Precursor to neurotransmitters norepinephrinephrine and dopamine.
What is N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine used for?
Take a look at a selection of studies carried out on N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine:
- "Tyrosine significantly decreased symptoms, adverse moods, and performance impairments in subjects who exhibited average or greater responses to these environmental conditions" View the study
- "Cognitive studies employing neuropsychological measures found that tyrosine loading acutely counteracts decrements in working memory and information processing that are induced by demanding situational conditions" View the study
- "Tyrosine was found to improve the performance on two cognitive tasks, which were performed 1 h after administration of the medication and which could be characterized as highly sensitive to stress" View the study
Focus and Memory
- "Tyrosine improves cognitive performance and reduced blood pressure in cadets" View the study
- "Tyrosine administration was associated with a significant amelioration of the usual performance decline on a psychomotor task and a significant reduction in lapse probability on a high-event-rate vigilance task...may prove useful in counteracting performance decrements during episodes of sustained work coupled with sleep loss" View the study
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)
What is Pantothenic Acid?
Vitamin B5. Water soluble vitamin essential to almost all forms of life.
What is Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) used for?
Take a look at a selection of studies carried out on Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5):
Working with Alpha-GPC and Citicoline
Vitamin B5 is crucial for converting these choline ingredients in our stack into acetylcholine (ACh). Acetylcholine is the chief neurotransmitter of the parasympathetic nervous system, part of the autonomic nervous system. In the Central Nervous System it is known to play an important role in memory and learning. Read more in the Encyclopaedia Britannica
Vitamin B5 helps convert nutrients from food into energy which is used to make adenosine triphosphate (ATP) aka fuel source for your cells. Read more on Nootropics Expert
What is Vitamin B6?
Water soluble vitamin found in every cell in your body. It helps the body to use and store energy from protein and carbohydrates in food. Helps form haemoglobin, the substance in red blood cells that carries oxygen around the body. Read more on the NHS website
What is Vitamin B6 used for?
Take a look at a selection of studies carried out on Vitamin B6:
- "Sub-optimal vitamin B6 status is associated with certain diseases…impaired cognitive function, Alzheimer’s disease, cardiovascular disease" View the study
- "The primary symptoms of vitamin B6 deficiency are neurological, including depression, cognitive decline, dementia, and autonomic dysfunction" View the study
- "Higher dietary intake of Vitamin B6 was associated with significantly reduced risk of Parkinson’s Disease after 9.7 year follow up" View the study
- "Results suggest that low serum concentrations of Vitamin B6 and iron are involved in PA [panic attacks ] and HVA [hyperventilation attacks]" View the study
- "Results support the hypotheses that high total intakes of vitamins B6 and B12 are protective of depressive symptoms" View the study
What is Phosphatidylserine?
Soy derived phospholipid that covers and protects cells in brain and carries messages between them.
What is Phosphatidylserine used for?
Take a look at a selection of studies carried out on Phosphatidylserine:
- "Phosphatidylserine may counteract stress-induced activation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis" View the study
- "PS supplementation significantly increased cognitive function prior to exercise" View the study
- "Improved exercise capacity following phosphatidylserine supplementation" View the study
- "The memory scores in PS treated groups were significantly increased against the baseline" View the study
- "The results indicate that PS-DHA May improve cognitive performance in non-demented elderly with memory complaints" View the study
Neuroprotection and Cognitive Function
- "Phosphatidylserine is required for healthy nerve cell membranes and myelin... It supports human cognitive functions, including the formation of short-term memory, the consolidation of long-term memory, the ability to create new memories, the ability to retrieve memories, the ability to learn and recall information, the ability to focus attention and concentrate, the ability to reason and solve problems, language skills, and the ability to communicate. It also supports locomotor functions, especially rapid reactions and reflexes" View the study
What is Huperzine?
Purified from a plant called Chinese Club Moss (Huperzia serrata).
What is Huperzine used for?
Take a look at a selection of studies carried out on Huperzine:
Memory and Learning
- "Hup capsules enhance the memory and learning performance of adolescent students" View the study
- "Multiplicity of action renders HupA a highly effective drug and potentially it could serve as a disease-modifying drug for AD [Alzheimer's disease]" View the study
- "The manifold pharmacological effects of (−)-huperzine A (1), especially when considered in the context of its favorable toxicity profile, argue for its development for the treatment of neurological disorders" View the study
KSM-66 Organic Ashwagandha
What is KSM-66 Organic Ashwagandha?
Adaptogen taken from plant known as Winter Cherry or Indian Ginseng (Withania somnifera).
What is KSM-66 Organic Ashwagandha used for?
Take a look at a selection of studies carried out on KSM-66 Organic Ashwagandha:
Exercise and Strength
- "Reduction in total- and LDL- cholesterol and increase of strength in muscle activity was significant" View the study
- "Compared to the placebo subjects, the group treated with ashwagandha had significantly greater increases in muscle strength on the bench-press exercise and leg extension exercise and significantly greater muscle size increase at the arms and chest. Compared to the placebo subjects, the subjects receiving ashwagandha also had significantly greater reduction of exercise-induced muscle damage" View the study
- "Study showed that withania somnifera [Ashwagandha] increased velocity, power and VO2 Max" View the study
- "Ashwagandha improves upper and lower-body strength, supports a favorable distribution of body mass, and was well tolerated clinically in recreationally active men over a 12-week resistance training and supplementation period" View the study
- "Ashwagandha improved the cardiorespiratory endurance of the elite athletes" View the study
- "The findings suggest that Ashwagandha root extract enhances the cardiorespiratory endurance and improves QOL in healthy athletic adults" View the study
- "The findings of this study suggest that a high-concentration full-spectrum Ashwagandha root extract safely and effectively improves an individual's resistance towards stress and thereby improves self-assessed quality of life" View the study
- "The study determined that consumption of [Ashwaghanda] reduced experiential feelings of stress and anxiety, serum concentrations of cortisol and CRP, pulse rate and blood pressure" View the study
Memory and cognitive function
- "These results suggest that Withania somnifera extract can improve cognitive and psychomotor performance" View the study
- "Ashwagandha can be effective in improving immediate memory and general memory, and in improving executive function, attention and information processing speed without any side effects" View the study
- "Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) granules have provided highly significant improvement on almost all parameters of Hamilton’s Anxiety Rating Scale. This emphasizes the anxiolytic, nootropic and antistress activity of the drug due to which it is believed to be relieving the symptoms of GAD [Generalised Anxiety Disorder]" View the study
What is Bioperine?
Patended form of Piperine, the active ingredient in black pepper.
What is Bioperine used for?
Take a look at a selection of studies carried out on Bioperine:
Piperine is known to be a 'bioenhancer', which we've included to boost the bioavailability of other ingredients in our stack.
- "Piperine was found to increase bioavailability of different drugs ranging from 30% to 200%." View the study
- "These results suggest that piperine possesses potent antidepressant-like properties" View the study
Have questions about our stack? Contact us email@example.com